Re: commitfest management webapp - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commitfest management webapp
Date
List pgsql-www
> Back in January, there was some discussion of creation a web
> application to make it easier to manage CommitFests.
> This was further discussed at PGCon, and I now have a working version
> for folks to play with.

Cool.  Just reading your description, I have one thought:

> 3. The integration with the community login system is currently rather
> poor.  The problem is that we can't count on patch submitters to have
> a community login, and even if they do we can't count on the person
> adding the patch to the system to know what it is.  We could of course
> require patch submitters to have a community login and to add their
> patches themselves, but I'm not really that keen on raising the bar
> for submitting a patch even to that modest extent.

Agreed on that, though we have recently been asking people to do that
and most seem to have played along.

> I'm open to
> suggestions on how to improve this situation, though, because it's
> definitely not ideal, and precludes things that reasonable people
> might want to do, like "contact the guy who submitted this patch",
> "contact the authors of all patches waiting for review", and similar.

I don't understand why that bit would be based on community login at
all.  Wouldn't contacting someone mainly need an email address?
        regards, tom lane