Re: log_filename_prefix --> log_filename + strftime() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: log_filename_prefix --> log_filename + strftime()
Date
Re: log_filename_prefix --> log_filename + strftime()
List pgsql-patches
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> On Saturday August 28 2004 9:30, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Are we going to change this before beta2?  I have not seen a final
>> patch yet.

> Attached is a revised patch:

Applied with minor revisions.

> I did not add UTC offset logic nor logic to shift to top of the hour/day for
> rotation periods of 60/1440 minutes, but would like to add that shortly if
> time permits.

I did the latter but not the former -- ie, rotation target times are
rounded off, but rounded with respect to GMT not local time.  I didn't
see an obviously correct behavior of round-to-local-time across DST
transitions ...

            regards, tom lane