Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Cannot get windows library and header files for libpq  (Karam Chand <karam_chand03@yahoo.com>)
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
> I still don't see that there needs to be a lot more added to the postgres
> update command documentation. The main thing missing is links to the
> syntax definitions for things like from list, condition and expression.

This is in part because before 7.4, those things were in separate
"books" and so you couldn't easily make a cross-reference to them.
Now that we build the docs as one big book, cross-references are easy.
It's just a matter of someone taking the time to go through and add
them.  Do I hear a volunteer?

BTW, I'd not be in favor of separating out the Tutorial into a separate
document again, precisely because we would lose the ability for it to
easily cross-reference the main docs.

            regards, tom lane