Re: Trouble Escaping Quotes - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Trouble Escaping Quotes
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Haron, Charles" <charles.haron@cognitive.com> writes:
> *** Information From <posgresqlhome>/data/serverlog ***
>          This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>          before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: WARNING:
> Message from PostgreSQL backend:
>          The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
>          died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

Hmm.  That moves it out of the realm of "user error", which is what
I think we'd all been assuming, and into the realm of "server bug".
Can you supply a self-contained test case that causes this?  Or at
least a debugger back trace from the point of the core dump?

            regards, tom lane