Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
Date
Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
List pgsql-hackers
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> Perhaps we should fix the behavior rather than the documentation.

> We can't fix the behavior because we have to allow an old cluster to
> keep its tablespace files during a pg_upgrade.  They are given a script
> to delete those files later, if they want.

The new *layout* of the files may be forced by pg_upgrade
considerations, but I don't think that proves much of anything about
ownership and permissions settings --- especially not the fact that we
are now enforcing settings that were designed for the data directory
itself on what is effectively one level up from that.