Re: dblink connection security - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dblink connection security
Date
Re: dblink connection security  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-patches
> My objection is that I think we should still revoke access for non-superuser
> by default. The patch makes granting execute reasonable for most users but
> nonetheless it shouldn't be the default.

> Being able to connect to a postgres server shouldn't mean being able to open
> tcp connections *from* that server to arbitrary other host/ports.

You forget that dblink isn't even installed by default.  I could see
having some more verbiage in the documentation explaining these possible
security risks, but making it unusable is an overreaction.

            regards, tom lane