Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> writes:
> Okay: I think I'm closing in on the trouble.  I didn't used to
> have a ~/.psqlrc file, but recently I experimented with
> creating one.  When I have a .psqlrc file containing the magic
> incantaion

>    \pset pager off

> *Then* everything works.

Ah!  So, most likely, there is something wrong with the local installation
of "more", or whatever the environment variable PAGER is set to.  If you
say "more somefile", does it behave reasonably?  Check "echo $PAGER"
as well.

            regards, tom lane