Re: DROP DATABASE vs patch to not remove files right away - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DROP DATABASE vs patch to not remove files right away
Date
Re: DROP DATABASE vs patch to not remove files right away  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ISTM that we must fix the bgwriter so that ForgetDatabaseFsyncRequests
>> causes PendingUnlinkEntrys for the doomed DB to be thrown away too.

> Because of the asynchronous nature of ForgetDatabaseFsyncRequests, this
> still isn't enough, I'm afraid.

Hm.  I notice that there is no bug on Windows because dropdb forces a
checkpoint before it starts to remove files.  Maybe the sanest solution
is to just do that on all platforms.