Re: [HACKERS] posmaster failed under high load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] posmaster failed under high load
Date
Re: [HACKERS] posmaster failed under high load  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> That's why I noticed 10 or more (postmaster) processes, which eventually
> gone after 30-40 minutes.

Could those be new backends that have been forked off the main
postmaster, but haven't yet gotten around to changing their ps info?
I'm not sure what would block a new backend for many minutes before
it did that, however.  Can you attach to one of these processes with
a debugger and get a backtrace to show what it's doing?