Re: once more: documentation search indexing - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: once more: documentation search indexing
Date
List pgsql-www
> What would be the actual *advantage* of excluding them?

The immediate problem is that Google is still preferentially returning old
pages in some cases, e.g. top hit for "postgres gist gin index" is still

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/textsearch-indexes.html

Now maybe that just means they've not completely reindexed since we made
the canonical-version change, so I'm content to wait awhile longer
before concluding that that change wasn't sufficient.  But we should be
considering the possibility that it wasn't.

            regards, tom lane