Re: Severe regression in autoconf 2.61 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Severe regression in autoconf 2.61
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Please try the attached patch.

Shortly.

> What is currently the consequence of the problem?  Does it fail to build, fail
> to run, or does it fail with large files?

The consequence of the problem is that pg_dump/pg_restore are compiled
without any visible prototypes for fseeko/ftello, which has implications
that'd depend on the architecture's rules for passing/returning off_t
as opposed to int.  I'd say "not work at all" is possible and "not work
for large files" is certain.  The backend doesn't seem to use these
functions so it shouldn't be affected.