Re: PG_DIAG_SEVERITY and a possible bug in pq_parse_errornotice() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG_DIAG_SEVERITY and a possible bug in pq_parse_errornotice()
Date
Re: PG_DIAG_SEVERITY and a possible bug in pq_parse_errornotice()  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't have strong feelings about this.  Technically, this issue
> affects 9.5 also, because pqmq.c was introduced in that release.  I
> don't think we want to add another error field in a released branch.
> However, since there's no parallel query in 9.5, only people who are
> accessing that functionality via extension code would be affected,
> which might be nobody and certainly isn't a lot of people, so we could
> just leave this unfixed in 9.5.

After sleeping on it, I think the right answer is to introduce the new
error-message field (and not worry about 9.5).  Will work on a patch
for that, unless I hear objections pretty soon.