We have a launch abort ... PG update releases will be delayed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject We have a launch abort ... PG update releases will be delayed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This report:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg00208.php
shows that there is a nasty oversight in my patch of awhile back:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-01/msg00081.php
which might cause pg_dump output to fail to reload.  This is a
regression compared to the current releases in the pre-8.2 branches.
Accordingly, core has determined that it is inadvisable to release
the current code on Monday as was previously announced.  Although
the planned fix is quite simple, we will push the release date out
a few days to give the packagers adequate time to do their work.
(The exact new release date isn't determined yet.)

Since the updated tarballs were already spun and might have been
downloaded by a few people, we will generate new ones with new
version numbers (8.3.3, etc) to avoid confusion.

Sorry about that :-(