Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
Responses WAL page magic number (was Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct)  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> At commit, should I bump catversion, or PG_CONTROL_VERSION, or both? The
> patch replaces the unlogged-operation WAL record with a record
> containing current parameter values, and it changes pg_control. I'm
> guessing both.

You *must* bump PG_CONTROL_VERSION because the content of pg_control
changed.  The correct way to reflect a change in WAL contents is to
bump the WAL page magic number.  I don't see any change here in either
system catalog contents or user table contents, so I see no need to
touch catversion.