Re: [GENERAL] Which process is actually doing the WAL writes/calls XLogFlush? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Which process is actually doing the WAL writes/calls XLogFlush?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/27/2017 11:19 AM, Daniel Westermann wrote:
>>On 06/23/2017 05:50 AM, Daniel Westermann wrote:
>>> Hi all,

> Thanks, Adrian
> It is clear now for the asynchronous stuff and wal_writer.
> But I still did not figure out (or I am just not able to understand it from the README linked above)
> which process is actually doing the write to the wal when you have synchronous commit set to on. Can
> someone put some light on this?

ps axjf

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
 \_ postgres: logger process
 \_ postgres: checkpointer process
 \_ postgres: writer process
 \_ postgres: wal writer process
 \_ postgres: autovacuum launcher process
 \_ postgres: stats collector process
 \_ postgres: bgworker: pglogical supervisor

AFAIK the wal writer process.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com