Re: [psql] Setting the PROMPT on command line - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [psql] Setting the PROMPT on command line
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 10:04, Ingo van Lil wrote:
>> I wrote a tiny patch to prevent psql from overwriting the PROMPT[1-3]
>> variables with default values after parsing the command line.

> Looks good to me. Does anyone object to applying this for 8.0?

I'm just wondering if the fix is in the right place.  Doesn't the same
issue arise for other variables?  Maybe what we have to do is postpone
command-line-driven settings of variables until sometime later than it's
done now.

            regards, tom lane