two questions about pg 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kasia Tuszynska
Subject two questions about pg 9.0
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Everybody,

My environment:
Windows 2008 32 bit
Postgres 9.0

I have two unrelated questions:

1.    Permissions:
When I create a login role with superuser privileges in pgAdminIII I have the option of indicating that the superuser
willalso have the permission to: "can modify catalog directly", when I look at the sql that is generated by that gui, I
donot see a corresponding sql permission, I see:
"CREATE ROLE kasia LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'md5ff0508b7bb33909c096d1b447a17d09b'
  SUPERUSER VALID UNTIL 'infinity';"
A.    What does "can modify catalog directly" actually do? I looked it up and I found : "This option determines whether
therole can modify system catalog directly or not." But that really does not tell me much.
B.    Why is there no sql level equivalent? When I revoke the "can modify catalog directly" permission I get the
followingsql:  UPDATE pg_authid SET rolcatupdate=false WHERE OID=17331::oid;

2.    Postgres client dlls on windows
I am trying to identify the dlls that are considered postgres client libraries

In 8.3.8 and 8.4.1 they were:
Libpq.dll, comerr32.dll, gssapi32.dll, k5sprt32.dll, libeay32.dll, libiconv2.dll, libintl3.dll, ssleay32.dll

In 9.0 they seem to be:
Libpq.dll, ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, libintl-8.dll - IS THIS CORRECT?
-    Looking at the libpq dependencies the rest seem to be windows os dll

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Kasia