WAL Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashish Karalkar
Subject WAL Recovery
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello List Members,

I have PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on Suse Linux

Whne I am doing recovery from WAL archives I see in the logger that "000001.history file not found" infact server has not created such file insted it created 000001.backup  file which contains the history which documents also suggest is history file.
Should I ignore this message in logger?

Secondly, the logger says for e.g file 57 not fond in archive area which is present in pg_xlog and was not archived when server went down

file upto 56 are there in archive.

can anybody please explain why server giving message for filer 57 not found in archive area.

With Regards
Ashish...