Re: contrib/xml2 function name change and minor bitrot - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib/xml2 function name change and minor bitrot
Date
Re: contrib/xml2 function name change and minor bitrot
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> A few comments on the module:

> - can you include some licensing information? "Distributed under the
> same terms as PostgreSQL, Copyright ..." should be sufficient unless
> you'd prefer another license

Actually, it had better be "same terms"; we are going to start being
picky about that for contrib modules.  (I have a TODO I've been ignoring
to try to bring the existing contrib modules into line.)

> - the readme for both 'contrib/xml' and 'contrib/xml2' is called
> 'README.pgxml', yet neither module is actually named 'pgxml'

The readmes *must* have different filenames so that they can be
installed without conflict.  It'd probably be best to ensure that they
match the contrib module names.  Are there any other installable files
in the two modules that have conflicting names?

            regards, tom lane