Re: pg_dump restore time and Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump restore time and Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps we need a GUC that says expert_mode = on. ...  Another idea
> might be to make such command options superuser only, to ensure the
> power is available, yet only in the hands of, by-definition, the trusted
> few.

This all seems pretty useless, as the sort of user most likely to shoot
himself in the foot will also always be running as superuser.

I'd much rather see us expend more effort on speeding up the checks
than open holes in the system.