Re: 9.2beta1 regression: pg_restore --data-only does not set sequence values any more - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.2beta1 regression: pg_restore --data-only does not set sequence values any more
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> writes:
> while packaging 9.2 beta 1 for Debian/Ubuntu the postgresql-common
> test suite noticed a regression: It seems that pg_restore --data-only
> now skips the current value of sequences, so that in the upgraded
> database the sequence counter is back to the default.

I believe this is a consequence of commit
a4cd6abcc901c1a8009c62a27f78696717bb8fe1, which introduced the entirely
false assumption that --schema-only and --data-only have something to
do with the order that entries appear in the archive ...

            regards, tom lane