Re: Can we avoid chdir'ing in resolve_symlinks() ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can we avoid chdir'ing in resolve_symlinks() ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> To clarify, this instance is not at all the fault of any code in
> PostgreSQL.  But it's another instance where resolving symlinks just
> because we can causing problems.

[ shrug... ]  *Not* resolving symlinks when we can causes its
own set of problems, which maybe we don't see very clearly
because we have been doing it like that for a couple of decades.
I remain pretty hesitant to change this behavior.

What did you think of the compromise proposal to change only
the paths that pg_config outputs?  I've not tried to code that,
but I think it should be feasible.