Re: Problem with dblink regression test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with dblink regression test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> If this diagnosis were correct, wouldn't every buildfarm member be failing
> at the ContribCheck stage (if they get that far)?

I am way too tired right now to run down the details, but there is a
series of possibilities for the port libpq will try to connect to,
and I think what is happening is that one of the lower-priority choices
is causing it to connect to an existing installed postmaster instead of
the intended test installation.  Anyone want to do the legwork to
explain this clearly?

> Also, while the PGPORT=nnnn trick looks sort of OK, we need to check it will
> work on Windows - I am far from sure it will.

Yeah, the Windows case has its own all-new set of gotchas ...