Re: Fixed directory locations in installs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fixed directory locations in installs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> AFAICS the sharedir will already be sufficiently checked by means of
> initdb's check on the postgres.bki version marker.  In some sense, the
> sharedir used by initdb is the *right* one for an installation by
> definition --- I'm not even convinced that we should allow people to
> fool with this after the fact.

Actually, looking at the present contents of the sharedir, I'm not even
sure that the backend needs to access it at all.  Most of the files in
there are used only by initdb.  The only thing that seems needed after
initdb is unknown.pltcl, and I'd not have a problem with moving that to
libdir.