Re: Slave promotion failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From François Beausoleil
Subject Re: Slave promotion failure
Date
List pgsql-general

Le 2013-06-06 à 18:40, Michael Paquier a écrit :

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM, François Beausoleil <francois@teksol.info> wrote:
I can't seem to promote the slave:

$ sudo -u postgres touch /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/recovery.done
# log is silent
This has no effect. recovery.conf is renamed to recovery.done internally by the server. If recovery.done is present in data folder with recovery.conf at the moment of promotion, recovery.done is removed before file renaming. What you can do to use a trigger file for promotion is setting up trigger_file in recovery.conf, then promotion will be kicked once file has been created.

I believe I know what my mistake is: I set trigger_file to /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/recovery.done -- and PostgreSQL doesn't seem to like that name. I should set to another name and retry.

It's still strange that pg_ctl promote didn't work though. Maybe because recovery.done existed at the time I tried.

I'll try again today, with better names.

Thanks!
François
Attachment