Re: pg_toast_temp_xx AND pg_temp_xx SCHEMAS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_toast_temp_xx AND pg_temp_xx SCHEMAS
Date
List pgsql-general
"Fernando Hevia" <fhevia@ip-tel.com.ar> writes:
> Could anyone point me out some documentation about what these schemas mean?

They're just there to hold temporary tables (so that the names of such
tables don't conflict with any non-temporary tables).  The reason they
seem to accumulate is we only create one when needed, and there's one
for each concurrently executing backend if it creates any temp tables.

> Should I be worried? Anything I should do about it?

No, and no.

            regards, tom lane