Re: [BUGS] Missing error message on missing ssl-key-files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Missing error message on missing ssl-key-files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So I still tthink it's a good idea. Even though it doesn't solve every
> case, it solves a lot of them I think. And more importantly on that, I
> don't see how it would *break* anything (given that it still fires only
> when running as a service, when everything on stderr is just thrown away
> anyway). Do you see suhc a failure case?

The case I'm worried about is subprocess startup, where we haven't yet
been able to re-set any of these variables correctly.  And yes, I think
it's an issue: if a DBA is expecting to find PG error messages in the
syslogger files, he's unlikely to go look in the eventlog.