Re: Windows vs C99 (was Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Windows vs C99 (was Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-08-24 14:09:09 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> However, we only support VS2017 down to 9.6 and Vs2015 down to 9.5. Perhaps
>> we should consider backpatching support for those down to 9.3.

> Hm, I have no strong objections to that.   I don't think it's strictly
> necessary, given 2013 is supported across the board, but for the non MSVC
> world, we do fix compiler issues in older branches.  There's not that
> much code for the newer versions afaict?

+1 for taking a look at how big a patch it would be.  But I kind of
thought we'd intentionally rejected back-patching some of those changes
to begin with, so I'm not sure the end decision will change.