Re: Pending trigger events on ALTER TABLE in 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Pending trigger events on ALTER TABLE in 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
"Reuven M. Lerner" <reuven@lerner.co.il> writes:
> Outside of a transaction, this function works just great.  But inside of
> a transaction, we get the following error message:

> Error 55006: Cannot ALTER TABLE "RecipeNumericParameterSnapshot" because
> it has pending trigger events.

> Now, I've never seen this before, but from poking around online, it
> seems that other people were bitten by it as well.  My big question is:
> What's causing the error?

Exactly what it says: not-yet-processed trigger events for the table.

If you don't have any explicit triggers on the table, maybe they are
FOREIGN KEY implementation triggers.  It's hard to say more than that
when you haven't shown us any of the DDL.

            regards, tom lane