Re: tuning on ec2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Reymont
Subject Re: tuning on ec2
Date
Re: tuning on ec2
List pgsql-general
On Apr 26, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> It's a reasonable start.  However, if you consistently using less than
> that in aggregate then lowering it is fine.

Is there a way to tell if I consistently use less than that in aggregate?

> What's your work_mem and max_connections set to?

I have the default settings, e.g. work_mem = 1MB and max_connections = 100.

I'm looking to process 400 requests per second, though. What should I use for the above?

    Thanks, Joel

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers
http://wagerlabs.com | @wagerlabs | http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont