Re: pg_amcheck option to install extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_amcheck option to install extension
Date
Re: pg_amcheck option to install extension  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, so let's fix it. If amcheck is going to stay in contrib then ISTM
> pg_amcheck should move there. I can organize that if there's agreement.
> Or else let's move amcheck as Alvaro suggests.

FWIW, I think that putting them both in contrib makes the most
sense from a structural standpoint.

Either way, though, you'll still need the proposed option to
let the executable issue a CREATE EXTENSION to get the shlib
loaded.  Unless somebody is proposing that the extension be
installed-by-default like plpgsql, and that I am unequivocally
not for.