Re: current breakage with PGCLIENTENCODING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: current breakage with PGCLIENTENCODING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I said:
> I would not have been real surprised to hear that psql's \encoding is
> out of sync, but it *does* surprise me that "show client_encoding" might
> not match pg_client_encoding().  I would think those are looking at the
> same backend state variable.  Any theory how that could happen?

It occurs to me that the CVS-tip code tries to set client_encoding much
earlier in backend startup than was the case when this was driven by
a SET command issued by libpq after backend startup completed.  However,
it works fine for me.  Why isn't it working for you?