Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I still think that reducing the need for having to do this is a good
> idea, having to manually edit regression output to add regexes will be a
> PITA.

Yeah :-(.  We already have two features somewhat related to this, viz
prototype expected files in output/ and multiple expected files.  And
each of them is a pain when it comes time to update the expected output.
So that analogy is damping my enthusiasm a bit.  Still, it beats not
being able to make a test at all.  And to the extent that we could get
rid of variant expected files, we could eliminate a class of committer
mistakes that's bitten pretty much everyone at one time or another...