Re: db_user_namespace, md5 and changing passwords - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: db_user_namespace, md5 and changing passwords
Date
List pgsql-general
> I don't know of a way to make MD5 and db_user_namespace work cleanly so
> we are considering removing db_user_namespace in 8.4.

We are?  It's no more or less ugly than the day it was put in (the
MD5 encryption option was already there).

If we had some improved replacement to offer, I'd be all for getting
rid of db_user_namespace; but without that I think we're just taking
away a feature that some people are using.  At least, the argument
was made back in 2002 that people would use this if they had it;
do we have evidence to the contrary now?

            regards, tom lane