Re: System Log - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: System Log
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Duncan Garland" <duncan.garland@ntlworld.com> writes:
> The relevant part of the configuration file (postgresql.conf) was:
> syslog = 2                      # range 0-2; 0=stdout; 1=both; 2=syslog
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> syslog_ident = 'postgres'

> I then restarted the server. No difference. I'm assuming the log file is
> postmaster.log.

No, given those settings, the messages are going to go wherever your
system's syslog daemon is configured to write "local0" messages.
Possibly /var/log/messages, but this is something that varies wildly
across different platforms ... "man syslogd" should lead you to the
configuration file that determines it.

            regards, tom lane