Re: BUG #17977: PorstGreSQL in a jail crashes randomly with Signal 10 bus error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17977: PorstGreSQL in a jail crashes randomly with Signal 10 bus error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Cory Albrecht <coryca@gmail.com> writes:
> After things percolated overnight, and realising that scripts O had made to
> try and overload the server had connected with SSL, not Keberos,
> encryption, I decided to turn off the GSS/Kerberos settings so that
> everything connected only with SSL encryption. So far today in working with
> QGIS I have no SIGBUS crashes. Perhaps that reminds anybody of any previous
> issues?

Hmm, interesting.  Is the GSS support built against MIT Kerberos,
or against Heimdal?  We've recently given up on supporting Heimdal
because it's so under-maintained.  I've not heard specific reports
of bugs matching this symptom, but if you're working with Heimdal
(i.e., FreeBSD's native GSS support) it might be worth trying the
other.

            regards, tom lane