Re: typedefs for indent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: typedefs for indent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Frankly, I don't remember anyone complaining we didn't find any typedefs
> in pgindent,

There are lots and lots of places where it's obvious that pgindent
was misinformed on the subject, because it puts in a space where there
should not be one, eg "typename * ptr" instead of "typename *ptr".
Maybe I'm just being too anal in worrying about a space here or a space
there ... but then why do we run the thing at all?

This is the first time I've heard anyone suggest that false positives
could be a problem.  What exactly would be the results of a false
match?  Would it look worse than the false negatives do?