Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Date
Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> * Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
>> Thatäs why I suggested the three value one. Default to a mode where
>> it's automatic, which is what the majority is going to want, but have
>> a way to explicitly turn it on.

> This is certainly fine with me too, though it seems a bit surprising to
> me that we couldn't just figure out what the user actually wants based
> on what's installed/running for any given combination.

I'd be on board with having pg_stat_statement's pg_init function do
something to adjust the setting, if we can figure out how to do that
in a way that's not confusing in itself.  I'm not sure though that
the GUC engine offers a good way.