Re: Linux distro - Mailing list pgsql-general

From paolo@ecometer.it
Subject Re: Linux distro
Date
List pgsql-general

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] Per conto di Reid Thompson
Inviato: mercoledì 1 agosto 2007 15.15
A: paolo@ecometer.it
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Oggetto: Re: [GENERAL] Linux distro

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 13:29 +0200, paolo@ecometer.it wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought a Dell server and I am going to use it for installing
> PostgrSQL 8.2.4. I always used Windows so far and I would like now to
> install a Linux distribution on the new server. Any suggestion on
> which distribution ? Fedora, Ubuntu server, Suse or others?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Paolo Saudin

>        match

>Is this going to be a production server. or a learning server, or a i'm
>learning all things linux server/desktop?

This is going to be a test server holding meteorological data (100 tables
with 1-2 millions rows each) that will serve as a kind of replica/backup
for others databases (pull data from an FTP server via perl scripts). No
matter for data loss since all the other databases are backed-up on a
daily basis.