Re: tsearch2 column update produces "word too long" error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: tsearch2 column update produces "word too long" error
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello!

This was a silly example, I know - it is a long word, but not too long
to worry a machine. The offending word will surely be much longer, but
as a matter of fact, I cannot think of any user actually typing a 2k+
string without any spaces in between. I'm not sure on which word
tsearch2 complained, it doesn't tell and even logging did not provide me
with any more detail:

2003-11-21 14:06:44 [26497] ERROR:  42601: word is too long
LOCATION:  parsetext_v2, ts_cfg.c:294
STATEMENT:  UPDATE ct_com_board_message
                    SET
ftindex=to_tsvector('default',coalesce(user_login,'') ||' '||
coalesce(title,'') ||' '|| coalesce(text,''));

Is there some way to find the exact position?

> btw, don't forget to configure properly dictionaries, so you
> don't have a lot of unique words.

I won't forget that; I justed wanted to run a quick-off first test
before diving deeper into Ispell and other issues which are as yet a bit
of a mystery to me.

Kind Regards

    Markus