Re: make html fails on a clean ubuntu - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make html fails on a clean ubuntu
Date
Re: make html fails on a clean ubuntu  (Idan Kamara <idankk86@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-docs
Idan Kamara <idankk86@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to build the docs (at commit 9c75e1), but getting back a spew of
> errors from `jade` (attached), which I'm having a hard time deciphering.

I think the relevant error is the first one:

> jade:postgres.sgml:3:55:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN"

You don't have the docbook DTD installed, I suspect.  There's some info
in our docs about which packages need to be installed to build the docs,
though I do not know if it's entirely up-to-date.

            regards, tom lane