Re: Is it possible to have multiple names for a column? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is it possible to have multiple names for a column?
Date
List pgsql-general
felix@crowfix.com writes:
> I am pretty certain no such SQL command exists.  But is it possible to
> do something sneaky to the internal tables so that two names point to
> the same columnand everything just works?

No ... at least not for usefully large values of "work".

You might be able to do something involving a view that renames the
column in question, with as-yet-unconverted clients made to reference
the view.  Offhand I'm not convinced that's easier than just fixing the
clients though ...

            regards, tom lane