Re: beginner: what permissions required to install on windows 2000+ - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dee
Subject Re: beginner: what permissions required to install on windows 2000+
Date
List pgsql-general
Ray
> have you had a trawl through the archives?

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I did. I tried a few things but did not find anything that seemed to apply.  Though it's possible I may have missed something.

Dee <devlists.email@yahoo.com> wrote:
What are the permissions required to install postgres as a service on windows 2000/2003?  I have followed the instructions, as I understand them, but the program will not install.

It either fails with "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application."  or "Invalid username specified: A required privlege is not held by the client".