Re: 7.3b3 on MacOSX 10.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3b3 on MacOSX 10.2.1
Date
Re: 7.3b3 on MacOSX 10.2.1  (Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> writes:
> Just to update the list of supported platforms, 7.3b3 compiles and passes
> all the regression tests on MacOSX 10.2.1

> Although don't know if this is relevant but this appears when running the
> tests:

> parallel group (20 tests): ./pg_regress: fork: Resource temporarily
> unavailable
> ./pg_regress: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
>  comments lseg box path timetz point circle reltime tinterval date inet
> interval timestamp time abstime polygon timestamptz oidjoins

This suggests that you are hitting the per-user limit on the number of
processes you can have; try raising that limit.

I'd expect one of the tests not to have been run when that message
appears; did you really get successful matches for all tests?