Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?
Date
Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> The backup history file is a slightly bit quirky way of doing things and
> was designed when the transfer mechanism was file-based.

> Why don't we just write a new xlog record that contains the information
> we need?

Certainly not.  The history file is, in the restore-from-archive case,
needed to *find* the xlog data.

However, it's not clear to me why SR should have any need for it.
It's not doing restore from archive.