Re: Shell access & send email from PLPGSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: Shell access & send email from PLPGSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
Why not create a cron script which connects to the database and queries
your tables (using psql). Have it generate an output (shell) script which
your original script then calls.

Unfortunately I know how to do this with Oracle, but not postgres *yet*,
but I suspect that in principle this idea will work.

Maybe someone else has an example, or a better suggestion.

John Sidney-Woollett