Re: problem with WAL files - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problem with WAL files
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> writes:
> I'll have to retest that particular scenario and verify that something
> else was not causing the problem when I have a chance now that I have
> a fully functional and scripted out base backup and recover solution;
> however, it did not give me any of the errors I see when my
> walrestore.sh script cannot access an archived wal, so I would believe
> it did not even try to get it out of the archive.

As far as I can see from the code, it *should* try to get it out of
the archive ... and I'm quite sure we tested that case during 8.0
development ... so I suspect there is some other contributing factor in
your configuration.  If you could put together a self-contained test
case I'd be happy to dig into it, because it sounds like a bug to me.

            regards, tom lane