Re: create language ... if not exists - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: create language ... if not exists
Date
Re: create language ... if not exists  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
> If we're implementing IF NOT EXISTS across the board, let's do that for
> languages at the same time as for others.

Yeah, if we were going to do it at all it should be handled
across-the-board, the way DROP IF EXISTS was.  However, I seem to recall
that in the discussions leading up to implementing DROP IF EXISTS,
we considered and specifically rejected CREATE IF NOT EXISTS.  Don't
have time right now to troll the archives for the reasoning.

            regards, tom lane