Re: beta2, I can't set UTF-8 for czech locales on win - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: beta2, I can't set UTF-8 for czech locales on win
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
> On 02/11/2007, bruno.gaudin@gmail.com <bruno.gaudin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Exactly same problem !! I use postgres V 8.2.4 on windows vista.
>> Have you found a response since  ?
>>
> use runas and run initdb as user postgres

Doesn't sound like that will fix it.  The root check doesn't happen until
after we check for -V (look in backend/main/main.c).  Whatever libxml2
is doing to break things must be something that affects the earlier
steps in main() ... and there aren't that many.  Maybe it's a locale
thing?  Anyway I think someone has to reproduce this under a debugger
on Windows to find out where it's failing.