Re: No xmin in pg_database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No xmin in pg_database
Date
List pgsql-general
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> On Thu, 2021-09-02 at 08:50 +0300, Alexander Kass wrote:
>> We have a small number of users that do not have xmin in pg_database
>> (we've asked them to try `select xmin from pg_database` and got
>> `column xmin does not exist`).

> All PostgreSQL tables have "xmin", and all catalog tables do as well.

Indeed.  This seems to be evidence of corruption in the pg_attribute
catalog.  If you're really lucky, reindexing pg_attribute might fix
it, though I wonder what other problems there are.  (It's odd though
that identical corruption would happen to different installations.)

            regards, tom lane